Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Big Moves

While my progress might not be all that exciting for today, it was pretty cool that when I showed up at the boat yard this morning, the two boats that were blocking me in were gone! For the first time in 3 years, the boat could actually get launched, now I just have to finish all the painting.

Today I applied two coats of epoxy to the topsides which did a good job of filling a lot of the crazing in the gelcoat as well as smoothing out a lot of the other tiny imperfections.


Once the weather cooperates, I can sand this and then after two more coats of primer can apply the final paint, which should hopefully be done in a week.

I also spend some time today starting to sand the cabin and cockpit, as well as a fair amount of time sanding on the interior. I will be working in the office tomorrow, but will return to the boat either Thursday or Friday, depending on which day has better weather.

No comments: