Sunday, August 17, 2008

First Sail

On Sunday morning, I woke up and reassembled the boom, reattaching all the hardware that had been taken off while I varnished it. I then packed it into the car, along with all the sails and some other things needed for the boat before heading out. I brought the boat into the dock, and got the boom attached, and the main bent on. It was a beautiful day, but a bit windy, so I made the decision to go with just a jib, to keep it a little simpler for the day.

I bent one of the jibs on, and motored to the mouth of the harbor, where I raised the jib and set off on a reach. It was a perfect afternoon, and I coasted around Salem Sound for about an hour. Even with just the jib the boat felt good and it was nice to finally just be enjoying the boat, not working on it.
Coming back into the harbor.
And some interior shots: Looking forward.
Looking aft
The cabin sole.

1 comment:

Britton said...

Congratulations! She looks great!